1. About this Website: This Website is owned, maintained, operated and communicated by CFSGAM Services Pty Ltd ACN 624 305 595 (“CFSGAM Services”). CFSGAM Services’ registered office is at Ground Floor, Tower 1, 201 Sussex Street, Sydney, NSW 2000, Australia.
This Website, and the information on it, are provided for information purposes only and do not constitute an invitation, offer or solicitation to engage in any investment activity including to buy or sell any investment including any interest in any fund.
CFSGAM Services is part of Colonial First State Global Asset Management (“CFSGAM”) a member of MUFG, a global financial group. CFSGAM includes a number of entities in different jurisdictions, operating in Australia as CFSGAM and as First State Investments, Stewart Investors and First State Stewart Asia elsewhere. References to CFSGAM on this site refer to those entities.
The MUFG Group and its subsidiaries do not guarantee the performance of any investment or entity referred to on this site or the repayment of capital. Any investments referred to are not deposits or other liabilities of the MUFG Group or its subsidiaries, and are subject to investment risk including loss of income and capital invested.
2. Selling Restrictions: The distribution of the information on this Website may be restricted by law in certain countries. This Website, and the information on it, are not addressed to any person resident in the territory of any country or jurisdiction where such distribution would be contrary to local law or regulation. By choosing to view or make use of this Website you do so on the basis that you have informed yourself of any regulatory or other consequences of your doing so.
CFSGAM Services and its affiliates disclaim all responsibility if you access or download any information from this Website in breach of any law or regulation in the country of which you are a citizen or in which you are residing or domiciled.
3. In Australia, the information on this website is issued by Colonial First State Managed Infrastructure Limited (ABN 13 006 464 428, AFSL 240550) (“CFSMIL”). A copy of the Financial Services Guide for CFSMIL is available from CFSGAM on this Website. The information on this Website is intended to be general information only and CFSMIL has not taken into account your objectives, financial situation or needs in preparing and issuing such information. Before making an investment decision, you should consider, with a financial adviser, whether the information on this Website is appropriate in light of your investment needs, objectives and financial situation. In addition, nothing in this Website shall, or is intended to, constitute financial, legal, accounting or tax advice. We strongly recommend that you seek professional investment advice before making any investment decision.
CFSGAM Services does not provide investment advice via this Website.
4. Price and Performance Information: Any prices accessed via this Website are indicative only. Such prices or values may not reflect actual prices or values that would be available in the market at the time provided or at the time you may decide to purchase or sell an interest in a particular Fund. CFSGAM Services accepts no responsibility for updating such price information.
Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future performance. The value of investments and the income from them can go down as well as up and investors may not get back the amount originally invested and may lose all of their investment. Exchange rate changes may cause the value of overseas investments to rise or fall. To the extent that any information on this Website refers to a particular tax treatment, such treatment depends on the individual circumstances of the investor and may be subject to change in the future.
5. Risk Warnings: Any investment involves risk. Further information about the types of risks associated with investment in the Funds can be found on the relevant regional Website. The offering documents for each Fund also contain risk warnings which are specific to the relevant Fund and which you should consider carefully before taking any decision to invest.
6. Offering Documents: The terms of any investment in a Fund are governed by the documents establishing such terms. In the event of any inconsistency between the information on this Website and the terms specified in, or established pursuant to, the documents establishing the terms of issue or contract, the terms so specified or determined shall prevail. An application for interests in any of the Funds should only be made having fully and carefully read the relevant offering documents and the latest financial reports for the relevant Fund.
7. Information on this Website: CFSGAM Services has taken reasonable care to ensure that the information contained on this Website is accurate, current, complete, fit for its intended purpose and compliant with relevant legislation and regulations.
However, errors or omissions may occur due to circumstances beyond CFSGAM Services’ control and no warranty is given, or representation made by CFSGAM Services’ or its affiliates regarding the accuracy, validity or completeness of the information on this Website and no liability is accepted by such persons for the accuracy or completeness of such information. You must conduct your own due diligence and investigations rather than relying on any of the information in this Website. Any person who acts upon, or changes his investment position in reliance on, the information contained on this Website does so entirely at his own risk.
Information posted on this Website is current only as at the date it is first posted and may no longer be true or complete when viewed by you. CFSGAM Services cannot guarantee that content will be accurate, complete and current at all times. To the extent that any information on this Website relates to a third party, such information has been provided by that third party and is the sole responsibility of such third party and CFSGAM Services accepts no liability for such information. All content on the Website is subject to modification from time to time without notice. Please contact CFSGAM Services for further information regarding the validity of any information contained on this Website.
To the extent that this Website contains any expression of opinion or forecast, such opinion or forecast is based on sources believed by CFSGAM Services to be reliable, but is not guaranteed or warranted as to its current validity, accuracy or completeness.
Opinions expressed represent the opinions of CFSGAM Services or its applicable affiliates at the date of publication only, reflecting prevailing market conditions and certain assumptions (which may not prove to be valid), are subject to change and should not be relied on by users of the Website.
Certain content (the “Restricted Content”) on this Website including, but not limited to, webcasts may be made available only on the granting of permission by CFSGAM Services or a third party appointed by CFSGAM Services. CFSGAM Services reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, not to grant access to such Restricted Content. Where you are granted access to such Restricted Content, such access is granted for your personal use only. You must treat this Restricted Content as confidential and you must not disclose it to any third party or allow any third party to access such Restricted Content. CFSGAM Services may revoke access to the Restricted Content in its absolute discretion at any time without notice.
8. Material Interests: CFSGAM Services, its affiliates and its or their directors, officers, employees or agents may have holdings in the Funds and/or underlying investments of the Funds and may otherwise be interested in transactions in those Funds. Further details about the policies that CFSGAM Services and or its applicable affiliates have adopted in order to avoid or to manage such conflicts in a way that ensures fair treatment for clients of CFSGAM are available from CFSGAM Services on request.
9. Linked Websites: Links to websites operated by third parties are provided for information only and do not constitute any form of advice, endorsement or recommendation of such websites or the material on them. CFSGAM Services accepts no responsibility for information contained on any other sites which can be accessed by hypertext link from this Website or for these sites not being available at all times. CFSGAM Services has not reviewed, and will not review or update, such websites or information and any use that you make of such websites and information is at your own risk. Please note that when you click on any external site hypertext link you will leave this Website.
10. Liability: No warranty is given that the contents of this Website are compatible with all computer systems or browsers or that this Website shall be available on an uninterrupted basis. CFSGAM Services and its affiliates do not accept any liability for any damages or losses arising from changes or alterations made to this Website by unauthorised third parties.
The internet is not a completely reliable transmission medium and neither CFSGAM Services nor any of its affiliates accept any liability for any data transmission errors such as data loss or damage or alteration of any kind or for the security or confidentiality of information transmitted across the internet to or from CFSGAM Services or any of its affiliates. Any such transmission of information is entirely at your own risk and any material downloaded from this Website is downloaded at your own risk.
The information on this Website is provided “as is”. To the extent permitted by law, CFSGAM Services, its affiliates and its and their directors, officers, employees and agents expressly exclude all conditions, warranties, representations and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity. CFSGAM Services and its affiliates will only be liable to you in respect of any direct losses arising from your use of, or inability to use, this Website in the event of CFSGAM Services’ gross negligence, wilful default or fraud. In no event will CFSGAM Services or any of its affiliates be liable to any person for any indirect, special or consequential damages arising out of any use of, or inability to use, this Website or the information contained on it or on any other hyper-linked site including, without limitation, any lost profits, business interruption, loss of programs or data on your equipment or otherwise, even if CFSGAM Services is expressly advised of the possibility or likelihood of such damages. This does not affect CFSGAM Services’ liability for any loss or damage which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Nothing in these Terms is intended to exclude or restrict any duty or liability that CFSGAM Services or its applicable affiliates have to its clients under applicable local regulatory rules or which may not be excluded or restricted as a matter of applicable law.
11. Access: CFSGAM Services reserves the right to suspend or withdraw access to any page(s) included on this Website without notice at any time and accepts no liability if, for any reason, these pages are unavailable at any time or for any period.
12. Compliance with Law and Regulation: When using this Website you must comply with all applicable local, national and international laws including those related to data privacy, international communications and exportation of technical or personal data. It may be illegal to download the information contained on this Website in certain countries and CFSGAM Services, its affiliates and its and their directors, officers, employees and agents disclaim all responsibility if you download any information from this Website in breach of any law or regulation of the country in which you reside.
13. Intellectual Property:
(a) CFSGAM and related logos are trademarks registered in Australia. Unless otherwise stated, CFSGAM Services is the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in and to this Website, its content and the information, imagery and data published on it including but not limited to copyright and trade mark rights (whether registered or unregistered). Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights, save as expressly granted, are reserved.
In Australia, ‘Colonial’, ‘Colonial First State’, ‘CFS’ and ‘First State Global Asset Management’ are trade marks of Colonial Holding Company Limited and ‘Colonial First State Investments’ is a trade mark of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (the Bank) and all of these trade marks are used by CFSGAM under licence.
In New Zealand, ‘Colonial’ and ‘Colonial First State’ are trade marks of the Bank and are used by CFSGAM under licence.
In China, Malaysia, Singapore and Vietnam ‘CMG First State’ is a trade mark of Colonial Services Pty Ltd and is used by CFSGAM under licence.
In China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam, ‘Colonial First State’ is a trade mark of Colonial Services Pty Ltd and is used by CFSGAM under licence.
In the UK and Ireland, ‘Colonial’ and ‘Colonial First State’ are trade marks of Colonial Holding Company Limited and are used by CFSGAM under licence.
(b) Notwithstanding paragraph (a) above, no warranty or indemnity is given that the use of the Website, or any information or material taken or downloaded from the Website will not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party.
(c) Reproduction in any form of any part of the content, information, imagery or data from, or underlying, this Website, save for in strict compliance with these Terms, is prohibited without the prior written consent of CFSGAM Services. All such intellectual property rights shall continue to be held by CFSGAM Services or its licensors and no rights of any kind in such rights shall pass to you.
(d) The information held on this Website is for your own personal use only. You may print off or download copies of, or extracts from, pages from this Website for your personal reference but you must not modify those copies or extracts in any way. CFSGAM Services (and any identified contributors), as the authors of material on this Website, must always be acknowledged.
(e) Notwithstanding paragraph (d) above, to the extent that you are a financial advisor, you may use the information available on this Website and provide copies of documents available on the Website to make recommendations to your clients, however such information is not intended for direct use by members of the public.
(f) Any unauthorised downloading, re-transmission or other copying or modification of any of the contents of the Website may be in breach of statutory or common law rights which could be the subject of legal action. CFSGAM Services and its affiliates disclaims all liability which may result from any unauthorised reproduction or use of the information on the Website.
(g) All trade marks, service marks, company names or logos are the property of their respective holders. The display of any trade names or trade marks on the Website does not imply that any licence has been granted to any third party in respect of the same. Any use by you of these marks, names and/or logos may constitute an infringement of the holders’ rights.
14. The Internet: Please note that there is no guarantee that any e-mail sent by you will be received by us, or that the contents of any such e-mail will remain private during internet transmission. Any information is sent at your own personal risk.
When you enter our regional websites, you will be asked to accept some Terms and Conditions and a Cookie will remember if you have accepted them. This means that you don’t have to re-accept them on every visit. The Cookies we use here are ‘persistent’ as they remember your preferences. Every time we amend our Terms and Conditions, or on an annual basis, a new Cookie will be set and you will be asked to re-accept our Terms and Conditions.
We use analytics cookies to collect information on website activity (such as the number of users who visit our website, the date and time of visits, the number of pages viewed, navigation patterns, what country and what systems users have used to access the site and, when entering our website from another website, the address of that web site). This information on its own does not identify an individual but it does provide us with statistics that can be used to analyse and improve our website.
We use marketing automation cookies placed by Pardot and Salesforce. Pardot tracks visitor and prospect activities on our website and landing pages by setting cookies on your browsers. Cookies are set to remember preferences (like form field values) when you return to our site following a previous visit. Pardot also sets a cookie for logged-in users to maintain the session and remember table filters.
Pardot sets first-party cookies for tracking purposes, to allow us to improve our content, and sets third-party cookies for redundancy. Using first-party and third-party cookies together is standard in the marketing automation industry. Pardot cookies don’t store personally identifying information, only a unique identifier. Pardot sets first-party cookies on tracker subdomains and Pardot domains.
We use remarketing cookies to allow us to match external advertising messages with the pages that you have visited on our website, with the intention of providing you follow-up information. You can opt-out of this service by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page.
The browsers of most computers, smartphones and other web-enabled devices are usually set up to accept cookies. If your browser preferences allow it, you can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when cookies are set. Each browser is different, so check the "Help" menu of your browser to learn about how to change your cookie preferences.
However, please remember that cookies are often used to enable and improve certain functions on our website. If you choose to switch certain cookies off, it will affect how our website works and certain functionality may not work.
17. Whistleblower statement
Colonial First State Global Asset Management (CFSGAM) is committed to maintaining high standards of corporate governance, ethics and behaviour in all of its activities, as part of which FSI requires that its employees display the highest levels of professionalism in all aspects of their work to facilitate compliance with its code of conduct and all applicable laws.
CFSGAM is also committed to providing a culture where all staff are encouraged to raise concerns about unacceptable practice and misconduct. This extends to others with a connection to CFSGAM such as directors, contractors, consultants, suppliers and service providers or a relative or dependent of these individuals or their spouse.
Individuals as noted above with information in relation to serious wrongdoing (including unethical, illegal, corrupt or other inappropriate conduct) are encouraged to contact the CFSGAM Whistleblowing Protection Officer via:
- call: +61 02 9117 7660 during Sydney Australia office hours or leave a message
- write to: Whistleblower Protection Officer, Colonial First State Global Asset Management, Level 2, 201 Sussex Street, Sydney, 2000, Australia
18. Amendment: CFSGAM Services may delete or make changes to these Terms and to the information contained on this Website at any time.
If any provision of these Terms is found by any court or authority of competent jurisdiction to be illegal, void or invalid under the laws of any jurisdiction, the legality, validity or enforceability of the remainder of these Terms in that jurisdiction shall not be affected and the legality, validity and enforceability of the whole of these Terms in any other jurisdiction shall not be affected.
19. Third Parties: CFSGAM Services’ affiliates shall have the benefit of the rights conferred on them by these Terms.
20. Applicable Law: These Terms and any non-contractual obligations arising from or connected with them shall be governed by, and these Terms shall be construed in accordance with, the laws of New South Wales
21. Jurisdiction: You agree that the Australian courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any legal action or proceedings arising out of or in connection with these Terms (whether arising out of or in connection with contractual or non-contractual obligations) (“Proceedings”) and waive any objection to Proceedings in such courts on the grounds of venue or on the grounds that Proceedings have been brought in an inappropriate forum. You further agree that this paragraph operates for the benefit of CFSGAM Services and accordingly CFSGAM Services shall be entitled to take Proceedings in any other court or courts having jurisdiction.
22. Telephone calls: We monitor and record telephone calls for training and security purposes.
23. Contact Us: If you have any enquiries in relation to this Website or the information on it, please Contact us via your nearest office.